All freshmen and sophmores will be taking it FREE of charge!
Juniors can sign up in Guidance or with Mrs. Wiley. Registration for juniors is October 4-12. See Mrs. Alexander in Guidance either before or after school. There is a $13 charge.
The PSAT/NMSQT measures:
- Critical reading skills
- Math problem-solving skills
- Writing skills
The most common reasons for taking the PSAT/NMSQT are to:
- Receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study. You can then focus your preparation on those areas that could most benefit from additional study or practice.
- See how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to college.
- Enter the competition for scholarships from NMSC (grade 11).
- Help prepare for the SAT. You can become familiar with the kinds of questions and the exact directions you will see on the SAT.
- Receive information from colleges when you check "yes" to Student Search Service.