ABOUT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
In keeping with our policy of providing quality education for young people, Florida PTA goes one step further by assisting qualified students who wish to continue their education beyond high school. Florida PTA offers scholarship opportunities funded by money derived from Honorary Life Memberships, Scholarship Fund functions and other contributions.
Florida PTA is pleased to offer a total of four (4) scholarships, one each in the following categories: University, Fine Arts, Community College, and Vo-Tech, to a student graduating in the 2012-2013 school year. This is a one time (non-renewable) award of $2,000.00 and will be awarded to a worthy student who is interested in getting a start in life through higher education.
This award is specifically for a student who wishes to pursue their education at a Florida University, Fine Arts School, Community College, or Vo-Tech.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH STUDENT TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDE:
- Be a member of their high school’s PTA/PTSA or the Sunshine State PTSA (PTA/PTSA must be in good standing).
- Graduate from a Florida High School in the 2012-2013 school year.
- Be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Planning to continue their education in the 2013-2014 school year
in the state of Florida at a University, Fine Arts, Community College or
- Fully complete the application (attached) and submit letters of recommendation, an essay, and copies of their official high school transcript, ACT and/or SAT scores.
Additional factors will be taken into consideration in selecting a winner (e.g. need, special circumstances, extracurricular activities and honors, etc.).